Web Design & Development Terms & Conditions
- Application and Interpretation
- These Web Design & Development Terms & Conditions ("Agreement") are between Mainsites (Promotional trading division of Splurf Australia Pty Ltd) and you for provision of web design and development and related services described below.
- You acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to these Web Design & Development Terms & Conditions, and agree to be bound by them. Your continued receipt or use of the Services indicates your agreement to these Web Design & Development Terms & Conditions.
- The following definitions shall apply:
Non-Transferable: must remain with Mainsites Hosting Service
Materials: content provided to Mainsites by you from time to time for incorporation in the Site.
Image(s): non-transferable photographs and/or images provided by Mainsites for use on your website.
Article(s): non-transferable written content provided by Mainsites for use on your website
Site: the website to be designed and developed in accordance with this Agreement, the url of which is set out in your Proposal document.
Site Software: software for the Site commissioned by you independently of Mainsites, (where applicable).
- Mainsites shall provide web design and development and related services, and perform its obligations, in accordance with your Proposal document ("Services").
- Mainsites shall provide the Services in accordance with your Proposal document and this Agreement and any timeframes set out therein shall be estimates only and time for performance shall not be of the essence.
- Customer responsibilities
- You shall be responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the Materials.
- Mainsites shall not be liable for any delays resulting from your failure to fulfill any of your obligations. Mainsites reserves the right to invoice you for any additional expenses reasonably incurred by Mainsites as a result of such delays.
- You acknowledge that the ability of Mainsites to provide the Services is dependent upon your full and timely co-operation (which you agree to provide), as well as the accuracy and completeness of the design specifications, and any other information and data provided by you or on your behalf.
- You shall provide Mainsites with access to, and use of, all information, data and documentation reasonably required by Mainsites for its performance of its obligations.
- Charges and payment
- Mainsites shall issue invoices in respect of the Charges and frequency set out in your Proposal document. The Charges payable for the Services, whether recurring or not, are set out in your Proposal document.
- The Charges shall be payable in Australian dollars within 7 days of the date of the invoice or on such other payment terms set out therein and must be made by one of the methods outlined in the invoices provided by Mainsites. All deposits or advanced payments are non-refundable.
- You remain committed to pay us for all Charges for Services for their full invoicing periods (as selected in your Proposal document), irrespective of whether: (a) this Agreement has been suspended or terminated during such invoicing period, or (b) such Services have been changed or cancelled during such invoicing period.
- Unless otherwise stated, all Charges and other amounts payable are exclusive of GST. If GST becomes payable on any supply made or provided, on which GST is not payable at the date of this Agreement, you will pay Mainsites an additional amount equal to value of consideration for the supply multiplied by the prevailing GST rate.
- Mainsites may set off any amounts due and payable under this Agreement against amounts that may be payable by Mainsites to you.
- Mainsites reserves the right to charge interest on overdue amounts at annual rate of 13% over Reserve Bank of Australia base rate ruling on due date.
- Mainsites may by notice to you suspend work, and your use of and access to Services (including public access to your web content), until outstanding invoice(s) and interest are paid in full. Charges shall continue to accrue during such period of suspension. Time for payment shall be of the essence.
4.7.1 In the event any services, recurring or otherwise, are suspended for non-payment Mainsites shall charge a reinstatement fee which is to be notified prior to suspension of such services.
4.7.2 Any collection proceedings for unpaid invoices will incur an administration fee from Mainsites together with any collection agency charges.
- Invoices may only be disputed by you by providing Mainsites with written details of the dispute within fourteen (14) days of the date of the invoice, failing which the invoice shall be deemed to have been accepted by you. You shall remain liable to make payment of any undisputed portions of an invoice.
4.8.1 If a dispute incurs a cost or expense to Mainsites and that dispute(s) is reasonably shown to be undisputable, Mainsites shall be entitled to claim the total amount of expenses incurred and invoice same which will be payable within 7 days of the invoice date.
- Additional charges shall be payable for out-of-scope work, that is work not otherwise expressly set out in your Proposal document.
- Variations and Cancellations
- You may change the Services by notifying Mainsites in writing. Your new Service will take effect from the date Mainsites commences provision of the new Services in accordance with the terms agreed in writing by Mainsites. Your next invoice will reflect: (a) Charges applicable to your new Service from the date of the notice; (b) Charges for any remaining invoice period for your previous Service(s) (whether or not such Service(s) are utilised during such remaining invoice period); (c) Charges for amounts then due but unbilled for your previous Service(s); and (d) Charges for costs associated with any Service change or cancellation, where such costs are based on the standard rates of Mainsites at the time. Any amounts or deposits already paid by you for a changed, cancelled or discontinued Service shall not be refunded in any circumstances.
5.1.1 Services on perpetual contract with recurring charges can be changed provided they are (a) of higher value than the existing service and (b) Mainsites agrees to same in writing.
- Mainsites may change this Agreement by giving you written notice (whether by email, fax or post to designated email address, fax number or postal address, notified by you to Mainsites as part of registration process). Where change relates to an increase in Charges, Mainsites shall provide you with thirty (30) days prior written notice.
- Each of the parties warrants to the other that it has full power and authority to enter into and perform this Agreement.
- Mainsites shall perform the Services with reasonable care and skill.
- This Agreement sets out the full extent of Mainsites obligations and liabilities in respect of the supply of Services and the Site. All conditions, warranties or other terms concerning the Services or the Site which might otherwise be implied into this Agreement (whether by statute or otherwise) are hereby expressly excluded.
- Services shall be provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy, speed, uptime, completeness, reliability, suitability or currency of Services and they are provided on an "as is where is" basis. Mainsites does not warrant that the Services or the Site will be uninterrupted or error free, will meet your requirements (such as speed, uptime, performance or reliability), nor will they be free from external intruders (hackers), unauthorised virus or worm dissemination. Any timeframes are provided as a guide or estimate only.
- To extent permitted by law, Mainsites, its directors, employees and contractors hereby expressly exclude: (a) all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or equity; (b), any liability for loss of income or revenue; loss or interruption of business; loss of uptime; loss of profits; loss of or damage to software; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management; or any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by you or any end user in connection with Services, or use of Services; and (c) any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
- This does not affect liability of Mainsites which cannot be excluded or limited at law. Without limiting foregoing, parties acknowledge that laws in certain jurisdictions may imply warranties and conditions which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified except to a limited extent. If any such laws apply, then to extent permitted by law of relevant jurisdiction, Mainsites's liability is limited to any one or more of the following in its sole discretion: (a) in case of any goods, replacement or repair of goods, or supply of equivalent goods, or payment of cost of repairing or replacing goods or supplying equivalent goods; and (b) in case of any services, supply of services again or payment of cost of having services supplied again.
- Without limiting foregoing, you agree that in no event shall Mainsites;s maximum aggregate liability exceed AUD$10,000.00.
- You shall indemnify Mainsites, its directors and representatives from and against all actions, claims, damages, liabilities or costs (including legal costs) arising from, or directly or indirectly related to provision of Materials or Site Software, use of Services or Site by you or anyone else, or otherwise arising as result of this Agreement.
- Intellectual property rights
- Mainsites retains copyright and all other intellectual property rights in: (a) all programming modules, code, computer programmes, material, tools, drawings, documents, presentations, specifications, data, designs, know-how and anything else generated, whether as improvements or otherwise, in course of providing (directly or indirectly) Services; and (b) all intellectual property rights existing prior to commencement of such Services ("Mainsites IP"). Unless agreed otherwise in writing, Mainsites shall be entitled to claim authorship for work which it is responsible.
- Mainsites licenses to you the right to access the Mainsites IP on a non-exclusive basis to such extent as is necessary to enable you to make reasonable use of the relevant Services for the duration of the Agreement.
- You acknowledge that Services may include individual third party software or third party intellectual property rights (including, with limitation, content management system and open source software) ("Third Party IP") and licence in clause 8.2 and your rights to use Services is without prejudice to the Third Party IP. Any rights you may have to access Third Party IP shall be limited to the extent of Mainsites right to access same and its ability to pass on such rights to you.
- In relation to the licence in clause 8.2 and the right to access in clause 8.3: (a) they will both automatically terminate if this Agreement ends; and (b) they do not include the right to replicate, commercialise, adapt, modify, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble in whole or in part.
- Subject to clauses 8.2, 8.3 and 8.4, you shall retain copyright in the Materials provided by you and you grant Mainsites a licence to use same to extent required to perform its obligations herein.
- In relation to any data, content, information or material provided by you to us (including Materials and Site Software), you warrant that same will not infringe the rights of any third party nor contravene any law or industry code.
- Save as required by law, you shall not disclose any confidential information relating to Mainsites or its affiliates obtained during or arising out of this Agreement, to anyone (except your employees on an as need basis). You shall procure that anyone else receiving benefit of Services, whether employees or otherwise, comply with terms of this clause as if they were a party to Agreement.
- Site content
- You shall ensure that Materials do not infringe any applicable laws, regulations, industry codes or third party rights (such as material which is obscene, indecent, pornographic, offensive, defamatory, threatening, liable to incite racial hatred or in breach of any third party intellectual property rights) ("Inappropriate Content").
- You acknowledge that Mainsites has no control over any content or links placed on Site by you or anyone else and does not purport to monitor content of the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, Mainsites reserves the right to remove content from the Site where it reasonably suspects such content is Inappropriate Content. Notwithstanding, Mainsites shall not be deemed to have any control over the Site or its contents.
- You shall indemnify Mainsites against all damages, losses and expenses arising as a result of any action or claim that the Materials or any other material posted to, or linked to, the Site constitutes Inappropriate Content.
- Mainsites may include statement "Powered by Mainsites" and or “Website by Mainsites” or “ Website by The Web Team” on the home page of the Site, together with a hyperlink to the relevant website.
- Term and termination
- This Agreement commences on date Mainsites commences providing the Service or such other date agreed by us in writing ("Commencement Date") and terminates on date we complete the Services or as otherwise set out in your Proposal document, unless the parties agree in writing to extend the term of this Agreement.
- Mainsites may terminate or suspend this Agreement (without any liability): (a) at any time by giving you at least 30 days; notice; (b) immediately on giving notice to you, if you breach, including failure to pay the Charges; or (c) you become insolvent within the meaning of the Corporations Act, are otherwise unable to pay your debts when due or you cease to carry on business.Should Mainsites elect to reinstate such suspended Service you shall be responsible for Mainsites;s standard re-activation charge.
- On termination or expiration of this Agreement:
(a) Mainsites shall invoice you for all amounts then due but unbilled and it may delete all data, materials, content, configuration and settings in connection with your Services, whether on a Mainsites storage media or otherwise. It is your obligation to ensure you have retained back-up copies. (b) Any amounts or deposits already paid by you shall not be refunded in any circumstances (c) All licences granted by Mainsites under this Agreement (including those referred to in clauses 8.2 and 8.3) shall terminate immediately.
- Following expiry or termination of this Agreement otherwise than on termination by Mainsites pursuant to clause 10.2, Mainsites shall:
(a) return to you all Materials, and shall provide to you an electronic copy of the Site (including all content on the Site) subject to payment of any termination fee(s) (b) provide such assistance as is reasonably requested by you, subject to payment of Mainsites expenses reasonably incurred.
- Force majeure
- The definition in this clause applies in this Agreement. Force Majeure Event: any event arising which is beyond reasonable control of the affected party (including any industrial dispute affecting any third party, governmental regulations, fire, flood, disaster, civil riot, war, internet interruption).
- A party who becomes aware of a Force Majeure Event which gives rise to, or which is likely to give rise to, any failure or delay in performing its obligations under this Agreement shall forthwith notify the other and shall inform the other of the period for which it is estimated that such failure or delay will continue. The affected party shall take reasonable steps to mitigate the effect of the Force Majeure Event.
- All notices given by Mainsites may be given by email to address notified by you to Mainsites as part of your registration process. It is your obligation to keep that email address current and correct. You agree that record of Mainsites having sent a notice to you by email is, of itself, conclusive proof of receipt.
- Notices given by you may be given by email to Mainsitesand include a request for a confirmation receipt of same emailed to you from the Mainsites email address as that which you sent your notice to. Upon receipt by you of said confirmation email your notice shall be deemed to be delivered.
- Entire agreement
- This Agreement, and documents referred to herein, contains entire understanding between parties as to its subject matter and supersedes and excludes all prior and other discussions, specifications, representations and arrangements relating to Services including, but not limited to, those relating to performance or results that ought be expected from using Services. Any representations (oral or written) given by, or on behalf of, Mainsites shall not be relied upon. Notwithstanding, you shall also be bound by policies or guidelines of Mainsites, situated at this link, as updated from time to time.
- Governing law and jurisdiction
- This Agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with same shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Queensland, Australia and parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of that State.